Eggplant has never really been a favourite vegetable of mine, but with all the amazing benefits eggplant has to offer such as dietary fiber, vitamin B1, copper, manganese, vitamin B6, niacin, potassium, folate, and vitamin K I always want to sneak it into my meals. This curry is perfect because it completely disguised the eggplant by all the other beautiful flavours.
I can’t wait for you to try it. Comment below what you think.
Sweet & Sour Eggplant Curry
- 2 eggplants (cut into 2cm cubes)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion (roughly chopped)
- 4 garlic gloves (roughly chopped)
- 2 chilis (roughly chopped)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp Freedom Spices Moroccan Seasoning
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 can coconut cream
- 1 juice of a lime
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 handful of coriander (garnish)
- 1 whole cauliflower.
- Cut the eggplant into 2cm cubes, place in a large bowl and toss the sea salt over. Set aside for 30 mins.
- Heat your pan with olive oil over medium heat, add tomatoes, onion, garlic, curry powder and fennel seeds. Cook for 3 - 5 mins or until onion is transparent. Add eggplant and stir for 5 mins or until soften.
- Meanwhile blend your crushed tomatoes in your blender until it is runny like a juice. Pour over eggplant and add spices, lime juice, coconut sugar, chili and stir well.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 mins or until eggplant is very soft.
- Meanwhile to make the cauliflower rice, simple chop cauli heads off and place in food processor or blender. Process until the cauliflower is in a crumb form or looks like rice. heat a pan with olive oil and place cauliflower rice in the pan, cook until golden brown.
- Stir through coconut cream.
- Serve on cauliflower rice and garnish with coriander leaves.