Every Wednesday morning we head to the farmers market to do our grocery haul for the week. It’s one of our favourite ways to spend the morning, and makes us so happy when we have a fridge stocked with organic fruits and vegetables. This week we found these Zucchinis and thought they would be super fun to stuff. This recipe also works for normal zucchinis too. Just cut them length ways.
- 4 zucchinis
- 500g Turkey mince
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans (drained)
- 1 tsp Freedom Spices Seasoning (take your pick, they will all be delicious)
- 1 tsp Nutritional Yeast (to serve)
- Cut the top off your zucchini. 1cm from the edge use a spoon to scrap out the middle of the zucchinis.
- Place and the oven and cook for 15 - 20 mins, of until they soften.
- Meanwhile in a pan, melt coconut oil and saute the onion until golden brown.
- Add the mince and slightly cook before adding the crushed tomatoes, kidney beans and your Freedom Spice seasoning. Mix to combined.
- After 10 mins, turn the heat to low and let simmer for a further 5 - 10mins or until is absorbed.
- Sit your zucchinis on a plate and fill them with the mince mixture.
- Top with grated cheese or nutritional yeast.