I actually get excited when I look at my plate and see an abundance of delicious, wholesome food to fill my belly with.
Lately Mac (my fiance) has been turning to the open chicken burgers as a quick and easy, nourishing meal option. I’m definitely marrying the right man. Not only is he health conscious, he also loves to cook. #winning all round! ;D
The difference between a burger and an open burger is the bun. We don’t use a burger bun, we just stack all the burger ingredients we love straight on the plate.
Comment below your favourite ‘burger’ toppings.
Open Chicken Burgers
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 6 slices tomato (thinly chopped)
- 2 slices of cheese (optional)
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1/2 an onion (thinly chopped)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp Freedom Spices Kentucky Blend
- 2 eggs
- 4 pickles
- 1 jalapeno (optional)
- Pre heat stove or BBQ.
- Coat the chicken in our Kentucky Seasoning and grill until well cooked. Add the onion, bacon and cracked egg. Cook until golden brown or crispy.
- Meanwhile layer your plate with spinach, tomato, pickles and jalapenos.
- Once the BBQ ingredients are cooked top your plate with the chicken, bacon and egg on top.
- Serve with salt and pepper.