These little pumpkins are called gourmet pumpkins and they are cute as a button. But if you can't get your hands on these, this recipe will work in a normal pumpkin too.
We served our pumpkins as a side dish with broccolini and grilled chicken.
Moroccan Quinoa Stuffed Mini Pumpkins
- 5 - 6 mini pumpkins or 1 large pumpkin
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 and 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 cup rocket
- 1/4 cup walnuts (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- drizzle of olive oil
- Pre heat oven at 200 degrees
- Cut the top off your pumpkins and with a spoon, hollow out the seeds and middle.
- Rub each pumpkin with olive oil and sea salt, place on a tin and bake for 40 - 50mins. Depending on the size of the pumpkin.
- Meanwhile on a stove top, add quinoa and water. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a minimum heat.
- Once the water is almost absorbed, stir through the rocket, cranberries and walnuts.
- Scoop one spoonful of the mixture into the pumpkins, until pumpkins are full.
- Drizzle with olive oil before serving.