Our Freedom Spices Kentucky blend has quickly become our favourite spice to cook with. It is so versitile and definately not designed just for chicken, you can use this blend on anything you want. But today it’s all about the chicken strips. Think KFC Chicken Strips but WAY HEALTHIER!
Kentucky Strips with Sweet Potato Fries
- 6 chicken tenderloins
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 - 2 tbsp FS Kentucky Blend
- 1 large sweet potato
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees.
- Peel and cut your sweet potato into thin chips.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the chips on here. Drizzle your olive oil over the potatoes and toss until all are covered in the oil. We also use FS Taco Blend on our chips but this is optional.
- Place in the oven for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile place three bowls on the bench. In the 1st bowl add the tapioca flour, 2nd bowl whisk an egg and in the 3rd bowl mix your almond meal and FS Kentucky Blend.
- With each piece of chicken coat into in bowl 1, hen bowl 2 and then bowl 3. Place on a lined baking tin and bake for 20 mins.
- Serve with toss salad and sweet potato chips.