Mr FS is absolutely loving this recipe at the moment. It is a Healthy Chef recipe and is a great one to whip up on a Sunday and have for lunches throughout the week. Teamed up with some mashed sweet potato or rice and you have a complete meal.
Chilli Con Carne:
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon FS Taco Seasoning
- 1 large grated carrot
- 1 red capsicum (finely diced)
- 250g beef mince
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 400 g tomato puree
- 400 g cooked red kidney, drained
- 125 g cherry tomato, halved
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Sauté the onion and carrot for 3 minutes until softened.
- Add the FS Taco Seasoning and mince and cook through for 5 minutes until the mince is browned.
- Add the capsicum, tomato paste, tomato puree and beans.
- Pour over 2 cups of water.
- Simmer over a low – medium heat for 30 minutes until thick.
- Season with ground pepper and a little salt add cherry tomato.
- Serve Chilli Con Carne on a bead of spinach, rice or sweet potato with chopped avo on top.