Baked Eggs in tomato salsa is the perfect weekend breakfast for when you are entertaining. Or if like Mac and I and you enjoy Breakfast for Dinner, you will love this.
It is gluten free, dairy free and packed full of protein to kick start your day.
Baked Eggs in Mexican Salsa
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red capsicum finely diced
- 1 green capsicum finely diced
- 1 tblsp Freedom Spices Taco MIx
- 1 can organic diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp. organic tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. water
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 eggs
- 1 avocado, roughly diced
- 1 tbsp. parsley roughly chopped
- Rye sourdough bread to serve
- Sauté onion and garlic in a large pan until golden brown. Add capsicum and stir occasionally for 5 - 10min or until soft.
- Add tomato paste, canned tomato, spices and salt and pepper. Then bring to a simmer.
- Crack an egg into a small bowl. Make a well in the sauce and slice the egg in. Repeat with each egg.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Top with chopped avocado and parsley over the top and serve with your bread.